Stress serves as the main reason for various mental, spiritual, physical, economic, and social problems in human life. It is a physiological reaction in response to some type of stimulus, whether emotional, environmental, or physical. Worsening of Vata dosha and excess stress can lead to depression and anxiety-like major issues. Cold environment, late hours, unhealthy diet, erratic schedules, and stressed life are some of the major factors responsible for dosha imbalance. It is necessary to balance doshas to heal anxiety. Ayurveda offers a wonderful perspective on stress management. Ayurvedic experts view stress as a disturbance of the nervous system. Readout below to know how Ayurvedic tips encourage the nervous system to respond to stressful situations more healthily.
Ayurveda Remedies to Fight Stress and Anxiety
- Ayurvedic Oil Massage: Oil massage revitalizes the tissues, calms the nervous system, and uplift healthy circulation throughout the body. It is a profound practice of refreshing that benefits both the physical body and the more conscious realms.
- Drink Herbal Tea: To de-stress with the help of herbs, drinking herbal tea is one of the relaxed ways. Ayurvedic tea features aromatic ingredients like rose, hibiscus, and tulsi, which help calm and uplift the emotional heart. The heart-warming properties of tulsi promote mental clarity, heighten awareness, and support healthy digestion. Vanesha Tulsi not only helps lowering blood pressures and risk of cardiovascular disease but also relieves stress.
- Aromatherapy: Various fragrances show a soothing effect on the Vata dosha. One can try lavender, clove, and basil oil in a diffuser or can take a hot bath by mixing few drops in water.
- Almond Milk: Soak about 8-10 almonds in water and leave it for a night. Peel off the outer layer in the morning and blend them with a pinch of saffron, ginger, nutmeg, and a cup of milk.
- Practice Nasya: Applying medicated oil to the nasal passages soothes delicate tissues, relieves stress, encourages free-breathing, and supports mental clarity. Menstruating and pregnant women should not practice Nasya.
- Relaxing Bath: Taking a warm bath soothes muscles and relaxes the human mind. Mixing one-third cup of baking soda and ginger in a warm tub of water reduces anxiety.
- Spend Time in Nature: Exposing the nervous system to the natural world relaxes the mind. Ayurveda recommends that yoga, meditation, and pranayama serve as critical therapies to overcome stress. Yoga helps to dissipate tension and boosts fluidity both in mental and emotional spheres. It helps to balance doshas
- Take a Proper Diet: The diet should be a healthy source of nutrients and nourishment. It is best to focus on emphasizing whole and healthy foods. One should minimize the intake of refined sugars, processed foods, and junk food.
Which Ayurvedic Herbs Help to Fight Stress and Anxiety?
Stress has become one of the most common problems in today’s hectic lifestyle. High stress may lead to cholesterol, hypertension, and other disorders. Ayurvedic herbs are well-known to protect against these diseases healthily. Bhringraj, Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Jatamasi, and Vacha are some of the effective herbs that relax the mind and body.
- Brahmi reduces the stress hormone levels and enhances the concentration power. It revitalizes the brain cells and leaves a peaceful effect on the nervous system.
- Bhringraj tea boosts the oxygen supply that detoxifies the body and energizes the brain. The calming properties of Vacha help in calming anxiety and offer better sleep. Its root has a relieving control over several mental disorders. One can also apply a thick paste of Vacha powder mixed with water externally on the forehead to relieve anxiety.
- Jatamasi serves as one of the anti-fatigue and anti-stress herbs. Its roots possess therapeutic effects on the human mind. Consuming 1 tbsp of Jatamasi powder along with ½ tsp of Hing keeps the body and mind free of toxins and helpful in treating depression.
- Taking 1-2 tsp of the dried Ashwagandha powder balances energies in the body. It reduces insomnia, promotes sleep, and boosts energy. Taking Ashwagandha tablets offered by Vanesha helps in relieving stress and promote concentration power.
Healthy eating, proper sleep, getting some fresh air daily, and a good lifestyle are keys to relieve stress and anxiety. Ayurveda has been well-known as a delightful ancient system of healing with the help of natural ways. The characteristic power of natural herbs helps in reducing stress and relaxing the mind.