Clinical Study Supports Neem for Prevention of Covid-19
In the world of Ayurveda, neem is one of the most prevalent herbs. It possesses an array of medicinal properties that help in preventing common infections. It has more than 130 biologically active compounds due to which helps in keeping bacterial and viral diseases away. According to a study conducted in 2020, the possibility of COVID-19 infection was found to be less in participants consuming neem capsules.
ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Faridabad announced the final data from a pilot, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial studying prophylactic activity of a proprietary, patent-pending, Neem-leaf extract (Azadirachta Indica A. Juss) in healthcare personnel and relatives in daily contact with Covid-19 patients. The study was conducted in 190 participants of aged 18-60 years at ESIC Medical College and Hospital, Faridabad, between August to December 2020.
Results demonstrated the probability of Covid-19 infection in participants receiving Neem capsules 50 mg twice a day for 28-days was reduced to less than half (a relative risk of 0.45) that of participants receiving the placebo, with the effectiveness of Neem capsules being around 55%. Biomarkers and Quality of life (QOL) remained stable in both groups.
Getting Neem in such a pandemic time is helpful to strengthen the immune system. Read on to know how neem can be effective in dealing with the novel coronavirus.
How Neem Bolsters the Functioning of Immune System?
Ayurveda is well-known for its immense contributions in treating diseases effectively without causing any side-effect. The original research conducted on natural Ayurveda herbal products has found that neem leaves are beneficial in preventing the spread of the virus as:
- Neem has antibacterial, antimalarial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. It serves as one of the effective antioxidants that prevent cell damage.
- It helps in regulating blood sugar levels and enhances the immune system helping the ability of the human body to fight against infections.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of neem help in preventing stomach and other intestinal problems.
VANESHA Neem is considered to be effective in treating viral flu, stomach infections, and enhancing the immune system. Apart from it, these ayurvedic supplements serve as an admirable remedy for skin and hair problems. It helps in treating blackheads, large pores, hair fall, and dry skin issues.
- Along with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, neem also possesses blood purifying properties. It purifies the blood and removes the dangerous toxins that disturb the functioning of vital body parts.
So, consuming neem regularly in the diet not only helps in building immunity against diseases but also helps in blocking novel COVID-19 virus from affecting the body.
How Is Neem Effective in Preventing COVID-19?
The pandemic caused by the novel coronavirus has put a big challenge to humanity. Despite many efforts, there is no such potentially active vaccine or drug available that can cure the virus. However, it is possible to control the spread of the virus with natural sources such as the therapeutic plant neem. Neem is considered as the powerful immune-stimulant, which makes it efficient to have in the current time when the entire world is facing the COVID-19 pandemic. The SARS-Coc-2 virus is responsible for the COVID-19 spread. In the research, scientists studied the direct interaction between virus and herbal products using host protein to drug.
- The results proved that some of the well-known Ayurveda immunity-boosting products such as Turmeric, Neem, Black pepper, and Ashwagandha can control the attachment of the virus to the host cell receptor ACE2.
- The researcher said that these immunity-enhancing products constrain the cellular receptor or spike glycoprotein of SARS-Cov-2.
- Neem is one such natural immunity booster that helps in blocking the entry of the virus into the body. Thus, it can act as a potential herb to get used as an intervention to reduce the risk of coronavirus.
What Makes VANESHA Neem Helpful During COVID-19?
Neem may be useful as medicinal agents during this coronavirus pandemic. One can use it as an integrative medicine to protect themselves from falling prey to the virus. VANESHA Neem is a blend of medicinal plant extract. It helps in the treatment for nose bleed, skin disorders, digestive issues, fever, and boosting immunity. Consuming one tablet twice a day helps to bolster the immune system and solve numerous health-related issues.
High-amount of toxins in the blood leads to the development of symptoms like fatigue, allergies, headache, and more. Taking one neem capsule a day helps in purifying blood from several impurities. These capsules can prevent individuals from viral, malaria, high fever, flu, and other infectious diseases. Neem helps in eradicating discomfort, and its anti-inflammatory properties offer relief to those suffering from stomach infections.
There is no scientific evidence or claim that neem can cure coronavirus infection. This natural herb helps fight against the virus as it can boost immune function. The consumption of neem offers prevention from getting critically ill due to the virus and helps in recovering faster. Hence, the VANESHA neem capsule is recommendable to boost immunity and protect from the current wave of COVID-19.